BIKE ZAMBIA - Why we ride
We ride bicycles to empower, sustain and enrich communities.
- Increase awareness of the health and wellness programs available to those affected by HIV/AIDS in Zambia
- Increase awareness of the importance of economic empowerment programs for women and girls in Zambia
- Raise funds to support these programs
- Create a participatory experience in which riders and participants contribute to the ride and related events
- Create an inclusive community that brings together locals and visitors, encouraging everyone to join the ride and cause
- Promote cycling as a means of transportation for empowerment of women and girls
- Create an environment of dignity and improved quality of life for those affected by HIV/AIDS
What our participants can expect from this life-changing experience.
- Raise funds for essential local programs focusing on HIV/AIDS Prevention and Economic Empowerment for Women and Girls in Zambia.
- Build community with other globally-minded cyclists, and
- Learn about and participate in Zambian culture through immersive experiences, including site visits to organizations.
- See amazing wildlife, countryside, and one of the seven natural wonders of the world, Victoria Falls
Since 2012, over 140 cyclists have joined us in making Bike Zambia happen, raising over $800,000 in support of these causes.
Bike Zambia is a program of Chooda, a registered 501(c)3 with a vision of personal transformation and global social change.