2019 BIKE ZAMBIA REGISTRATION Is now open!
WHY JOIN BIKE ZAMBIA?
More than just a 325+ mile cycling ride, Bike Zambia harnesses the energy of participants to make a positive change in the world. Zambia is one of Africa's poorest countries with one of the highest rates of HIV infection. A staggering 1 in 8 adults are infected with HIV and 64 percent of the total population lives below the poverty line, rising to 80 percent in rural areas. Life expectancy is just 58.1 years, however, this is a considerable increase from the 2012 life expectancy of 49.4 years, partly thanks to improved access to antiretroviral treatments. The need for help is clear.
To participate in Bike Zambia, each rider is committed to the following fees and fundraising goals:
Due now - this is non-transferable and non-refundable. This includes mandatory travel insurance, a Bike Zambia jersey, t-shirt, fundraising and trip support. This is required to secure your place on Bike Zambia 2019.
MINIMUM FUNDRAISING GOAL - $4000:
A minimum of $2000 will go directly to our partners in Zambia: World Bicycle Relief, Grassroot Soccer and ZHECT (Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust). The more you are able to raise, the larger our impact - see below for more on information on these incredible organizations and our impact so far!
$2000 is the average cost to Chooda, per rider, to support the experience. We aim to have Bike Zambia be a transformative opportunity for every rider. The tour is supported by a local Zambian owned outfitter, helping to generate local jobs. Zambia is considered one of the world’s poorest countries and according to the UN, these countries face a stark demographic challenge, as their collective population – about 60% of which is under 25 – is projected to double to 1.7 billion by 2050, making employment that much more vital for the economy.
Fundraising platforms will be made available to riders by July 31st 2018.
Low enrollment may result in the cancellation or postponement of the ride. All registration fees will be fully refunded.
- Dates: Due to overwhelming response, Chooda will be hosting two rides in 2019! June 27th - July 7th and July 11th - July 21st 2019. You can select which ride works for you in the registration process.
- Support: Bike Zambia is a fully supported ride from airport pick-up to drop-off, with all food, accommodations, local transport, and bike provided.
- Medical: All riders receive travel insurance. A physician from the USA typically travels with Bike Zambian riders during the trip. The route is fully supported with lead and follow vehicle.
- Monthly Newsletters: Bike Zambia will provide information on a variety of topics, including: Zambian history, Zambian culture, beneficiary information, fundraising best practices, and travel guidelines.
- Physical Training: All riders will receive helpful training tips and support as well as having the opportunity to join on training rides leading up to departure.
If you have any questions, please email us.
SIGN UP NOW, SPOTS ARE GOING FAST!