Whether this is your first time fundraising, or you are a veteran, it can still feel overwhelming when you look at that 'fundraising minimum'. Well it doesn't have to be! You will have the support of the Chooda community aiming to make this as easy as possible for you.
- GET THE BALL ROLLING. Kick off your fundraising by making the first contribution! This will make others more likely to get involved!
- ADD YOUR WHY TO THE EMAIL. The most important thing you can do is make sure why you are fundraising is clear. Let your friends and family know why this cause matters to you!
- START WITH YOUR CLOSE CONTACTS. Always start by emailing your close contacts because they are the most likely to donate. Try sending personal messages to your inner circle and build up some fundraising momentum.
- NOW MOVE TO SOCIAL MEDIA. Once your first emails are sent out, turn to social media! Use Facebook, Twitter, etc to tag and thank people who have already donated while still asking for new donations. Focus on the why in your posts and encourage people to share your post regardless of whether they donate. The idea is to get your message in front of as many people as possible, so think carefully about when you post to social media.
- REENGAGE WITH EMAIL. Don't hesitate to send follow up emails once some time has passed. People are busy and emails are easy to overlook. Just like social media, use email to keep people up to date with your progress as you hit different milestones (50% of goal, 75% of goal etc) and ask supporters to help you hit the next milestone.
- CONTINUE THANKING AND UPDATING SOCIAL MEDIA. As more people get behind you, continue thanking them on social media and sharing your progress. Example: If you are out on one of your training rides, taking a photo with a status update and link to your fundraising page is a great way to re-engage your network.
MATCHING Gifts - DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT
Did you know that hundreds of corporations offer matching gift programs that will match dollar-for-dollar contributions made by employees, and sometimes even employee domestic partners? This is a great way opportunity to raise funds quickly and easily, so don't forget to ask your HR department if they will match your gift, and make sure your donors are asking theirs too!
The HR department will inform you/your donors of the process, and once the match request is received, processed and paid, Chooda will apply the amount to your fundraising page! Please note that there are several corporate giving platforms that companies can use, and they all take varying amounts of time to process donations - anywhere for 2 weeks to 3 months.
other ways to fundraise
There are many ways to help encourage donors to donate! Here are a few simple ideas.
- Host an event. Backyard BBQ, movie nights, dinner parties...
- Get creative. Grow a mustache, paint a picture, bake cakes...